- Department of Engineering
- College of Integrated Science & Engineering
- Department of Integrated Science & Technology
- College of Science and Mathematics
- STEM at JMU
- JMU Main Page
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0933948. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Welcome to the James Madison University STEM Sustainability Collection
This site focuses primarily on the following topics:
- Social and Cultural Sustainability
- Environmental Sustainability
- Economic Sustainability
- Individual Sustainability
- Technical Sustainability
- Women in Science and Engineering
- Indoor Environments
- Creative Design
- Teaching Sustainability and Design
This site is continually under development, and some category searches may not yet yield extensive results. We post new articles and videos each month.
- You may search for articles or videos using the search function above.
- To yield a larger quantity of results, try searching for the root of the word. For example, searching “environment” will yield more results than “environmental sustainability.”
- For a listing of all articles or videos available, click the “Browse All Articles” or “Browse All Videos” link on the top right hand corner.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this hosted material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of James Madison University or the National Science Foundation.
If you would like to submit an article or video to us, or comment on the site, please do so through the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Staff: Dr. Eric Pappas (ISAT), Brian Perez (M.S. ’12), Heather Hunter-Nickels (’14).
This site was originally developed by Dr. Eric Pappas and Dan Wolfe (Engineering ’12), with help from Brian Perez, Christina DiMarino (Engineering ’12), Dr. Robert Nagel (Engineering), and Leslie Bland (Engineering ’12). Theresa Thorne (CISAT Creative Services) designed and maintains the site. Thanks to the National Science Foundation, JMU Provost Jerry Benson, CHBS Dean Sharon Lovell, and ISAT Department Head Eric Maslen for their continuing support of this effort.