What to Put in the Backpack
Assignmentbackpack creates backpacks to help displaced children continue to heal, learn, and play.
Each backpack contains the same basic items and also has space for you to add your special gift, such as a small stuffed animal, a brightly colored journal, or travel game (No food or candy, please). If you would like to contribute money, the cost of an assignmentbackpack backpack is about $35.00.
You are encouraged to partner up with friends and donate completely filled backpacks. We will also accept donations of money or any of the four components or a backpack!
Completed backpacks must have:
- One Good Clean Fun Care Kit [ What Goes in this Kit?]
- One School Days Care Kit [ What Goes in this Kit?]
- One book- You choose! Donations of books are a special project of the Virginia Association of School Psychology
- One toy or game – You choose! Donations of toys are a special project of the Virginia Association of Play Therapy
Other items you may want to consider including:
- Tablet of construction paper, assorted colors 9" x 12"
- Large crayons for preschoolers
- Travel tissues
- Fun lip balm
- Protractor or compass for teens
- Small bottles of hand sanitizer or lotion
You may make Preschool , School-age, or Teenage backpack. Please note the slight differences in the list of items and select books and toys that match the child’s age.